Centered around the Houston Hall student center, Perelman Quadrangle is a collection of facilities and common space utilized by the entire Penn community and its guests. Our spaces include Houston Hall, Irvine Auditorium, Iron Gate Theatre, the ARCH, and Penn Commons, with additional support provided to other campus spaces and classrooms.
Operation Aides work primarily in the Houston Hall student center and Irvine Auditorium. This position shifts between job duties on a day-to-day basis and may serve as event service staff, usher, house manager, or take on customer service and administrative duties as directed by the assistant building managers. Operation Aides are cross-trained so that they can assist with the smooth operation of Perelman Quadrangle facilities and provide a variety of event support services.
The Operation Aide must be flexible to accommodate the event schedule and daily operations of the Perelman Quadrangle facilities and performing arts spaces. Job duties include:
- Event Services: set up banquet and meeting spaces to client specifications, maintain cleanliness of work areas, assist with moving boxes/packages, and serve as a liaison to event clients
- Event Usher: serve as frontline customer service representative to Penn students, staff, faculty, and visitors; greet guests, serve as a resource for event, building, and campus information, and provide excellent customer service.
- House Manager: plan, coordinate, and manage front-of-house operations during performances and special events in Irvine Auditorium; oversee staff assigned as ushers or guards to ensure safety, cleanliness, security, and overall smooth operations in the building
- Generally assist with the operation and administration of Perelman Quadrangle facilities as needed
- Customer service experience and basic computer skills required
- Ability to work a varied schedule required; Perelman Quadrangle’s regular hours include early mornings, nights, and weekends
- All job duties require attention to detail and a desire to constantly improve service levels
- The successful candidate will work well both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in facilities, events, or front-of-house management preferred