This role is Operational and Student engagement within Houston Hall. Houston Hall is open 7 days a week and open 16 hours a day. This role functions as an operational support and student engagement program collaborator. This role will also aide in supervising student staff members that support Houston Hall welcome desk.
- Provides supervision, training, and evaluation to student building supervisors, Welcome Desk staff members and student program assistants. Work with appropriate staff to develop a workable schedule for student staff training. Collaborates with the Associate Director of Community & Student Engagement in planning, implementing, executing and evaluating annual student staff trainings each semester, as well as any ongoing training occurring during the academic year.
- Responsible for maintaining overall building operations (Primarily Evenings during Academic Semesters). Work closely with operations and scheduling teams to coordinate building operation as well as staff and vendors entering University Life venues. Serves as a customer service point person actively greeting and assisting patrons, performing opening and closing procedures. Assist with room set ups and take downs.
- Liaises & supports the facilitation of student-centered late-night programs with a dotted line to the Associate Director of Student & Community Engagement. Oversees the customer service operations of Houston Hall. Develops and maintains a “student/service center” presence which responds to requests and inquiries related to building conditions, security, work requests, and safety and cleanliness issues.
- Complete regular building walkthroughs throughout the day- for patron interaction, venue conditions, identifying facility issues, and staff support. Performs area inspections, inventories and submits work request. Monitors building conditions and event spaces working closely with Housekeeping facilitate the maintenance and cleanliness of the complex. Report needed repairs and housekeeping issues.
- Review and respond as appropriate to daily logs generated by student staff and take responsibility for ensuring that each student staff member is kept aware of daily building occurrences, or updates related to the facility, operations, or security.
- Work with the University of Pennsylvania Police Department and Penn Security Services to ensure the safety and security of the complex.