Considering the amount students who share rooms/living space, as well as to align with university and public health guidance, University Life has designated socially-distanced study and lounge space within the Student Center at Houston Hall and the Arts, Research, and Culture House (ARCH).
To use the spaces, please visit Houston Hall/the ARCH during operating hours. There currently is no reservation process, so students are free to take any spot that is not already occupied.
- All visitors must adhere to the University’s public health guidance.
- PennOpen Pass is required for entry into Houston Hall and the Arch.
- Masking remains a key mitigation strategy. All members of the Penn community in campus buildings will be required to double mask (layering a cloth mask on top of a disposable mask) or to wear a KN95 or N95 mask.
- 13 spaces located in the Reading Room (Houston Hall – 100 level)
- 2 spaces located in the east lobby near Benny’s Cafe (Houston Hall – 100 level)
- 8 spaces located in the main lobby of the 200 level (Houston Hall – 200 level)
- 2 spaces located right outside of the Office of Student Affairs (Houston Hall – 200 Level)
- 2 located in the ARCH main lobby (ARCH – 100 level)
For more information
Please direct questions/concerns to Patrick Faulk, Associate Director of Operations for University Life Space and Events. To learn more about outdoor space reservations, go to the University Life Space and Events website.