OLD – Spring 2021 In-Person Event Request Form
Beginning February 1, 2021 Penn undergraduate, graduate, and professional student organizations may submit requests for in-person meetings, rehearsals, and/or events (“events”) which the group hopes to hold this semester, indoors or outdoors. Student groups should not request consideration more than two weeks before the desired date, as all requests must be evaluated based on the prevailing public health guidance at the time of submission.
- Student organizations must make a compelling case why the activity cannot take place virtually.
- Groups proceeding with unapproved in-person events risk referral to the Campus Compact Review Panel.
- Each request will be sorted into one of three tiers based on the nature and complexity of proposed event.
Requests may be denied for myriad reasons. Approved events are not guaranteed and may be cancelled if public health guidance necessitates.
In-person events with students proposed by faculty or staff will be reviewed by the appropriate school or center.
Tier 1 Events
- Tier 1 requests support a virtual activity.
- Example: A grab-and-go, where students meet at a designated space, indoors or outdoors, to pick up individually packaged materials (craft projects, goodie bags, apparel) for use in a Zoom event.
- Tier 1 requests will be quickly evaluated.
Tier 2 Events
- Tier 2 requests must demonstrate a compelling reason to be held in person, indoors or outdoors.
- Examples: Religious ceremonies, in-person medical training, or campus filming.
- Tier 2 requests require additional review and groups should expect a slight delay in response.
Tier 3 Events
- Tier 3 requests are for complex or major events potentially including a large number of students indoors or outdoors.
- Examples: Modified class or University tradition, community engagement activity.
- Tier 3 requests will be thoroughly reviewed, necessitating the longest evaluation time.