Reporting to the Director of Creative Strategy and Design within Penn University Life Division, the Associate Director of Graphic Design is responsible for the implementation and development of on-brand visual content for University Life print and digital campaigns.The Associate Director of Graphic Design will develop a deep understanding of the relationship between the University and Divisional brand guidelines. This knowledge will be the foundation which will inform creative strategy from initial concept to final designs that optimize the user experience. The ideal candidate will provide tutorials and templates for student interns, staff, and other campus colleagues to use for successful promotional campaigns.They will assist the Director of Creative Strategy and Design to find opportunities to improve design systems, address user needs, and ideate better user experiences.
The Associate Director of Graphic Design will be responsible for the following:
- Produce new and traditional graphic design processes to create the most effective marketing and communications materials.
- Produce high-quality digital and print visuals –posters, brochures, logos, web & social media graphics.
- Manage user experience, user interface (UX/UI) and implementation of web accessibility guidelines.
- Facilitate tutorials and templates for student interns, staff, and other campus colleagues to use for successful promotional campaigns.
- Assist in photographing on-campus events and taking staff head-shots.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts, Digital Design, or a related field. 3-5 years of experience in working hands-on in a design studio environment.
- A passion for visual design, branding and identity strategy, illustration, photography, data visualization, iconography, user experience, prototyping, art direction.
- Highly organized with a keen eye for aesthetics and detail.
- Strong ability to lead and manage a high volume of projects, develop production schedules, and ensure deliverables meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (other app experience is helpful).
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems, specifically WordPress. Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft O365 Applications, primarily PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams.
- Experience using video equipment: DSLR cameras, external audio recorders, and shotgun microphones.
- Knowledge of proper lighting and sound set ups.