University Life Space and Events is a centralized resource for planning student (undergraduate, graduate, and professional), departmental, and non-Penn-affiliated events within University Life venues and managed spaces. ULSE provides guidance and education on event planning, related policies, compliance, space, and scheduling support, and generally aides students and departments in navigating the Penn ecosystem of space reservations and events. The ULSE team shares a commitment to consistently providing transformational customer service, while cultivating relationships with internal and external community members (users of our spaces/services). The Scheduling and Events team takes a holistic and comprehensive approach to supporting student groups planning and hosting events, and prides itself on advising the event planning community at the University of Pennsylvania.
Under the direction of the Senior Associate Director, the Manager for Scheduling & Events is responsible for supervising the scheduling and events coordinator team in providing all aspects of scheduling and planning for events, activities, and programs held in University Life event spaces and non-academic use of a central pool of classrooms. The Manager works in close collaboration with the Senior Associate Director to communicate and implement scheduling priorities and procedures in a manner that optimizes and eases access for students to University Life spaces.
The Manager ensures a high degree of constituent service, proactive solution finding, and student-centered focus. This includes, but is not limited to, consultation with requestors regarding the nature of their event, the space and equipment requirements, matching available space to requirements, and the coordination of support services.
- Works in close collaboration with the Senior Associate Director to communicate and implement scheduling priorities and procedures in a manner that optimizes and eases access for students to University Life spaces. Exercises discretion, sound decision-making, and alignment with department priorities. Works with student groups, advisors, and campus partners to effectively convey guidelines.
- Provides direction, guidance, and leadership to full-time Coordinator team, ensuring the accurate and timely collection of event details from various internal and external clients. Ensures that a comprehensive event plan is developed for each individual client/event by identifying the key tasks to be accomplished and the corresponding deadlines, conducting tours and site inspections of facilities and meeting with clients, matching the clients’ expressed needs with available space and services.
- Responsible for the implementation of even assignment protocol developed by Senior Associate Director through execution by the Scheduling & Event Coordinator team for immediate client pre-event conversations. Establishes and coordinates shared staff schedule to provide support and responsiveness to constituent needs including evenings and weekends when students are most active.
- Partners directly with Systems Manager to ensure effective configuration of system and works with Systems Manager to assess and quickly resolve issues (varying in scop) related to reservations, software, and event execution- including accuracy of data entry, event support, billing, and invoices.
- Produces, reviews, and analyzes (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) event reports, troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of experience in higher education or event management, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required.
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to supervise full and part-time staff members and to assume work, scheduling, and budgetary responsibilities required.
- Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation and ability to work independently and communicate effectively.
- Working knowledge of Windows as well as Microsoft Office suite of computer products preferred.
- Background check required.
- A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.