- Monitors activities in Perelman Quadrangle and University Life spaces on a flexible schedule primarily during evening, early morning and weekend hours, also including weekday hours and holidays as scheduled. Supports the operations, services, and facilities to insure a consistent and continuous professional staff presence.
- Serves as a customer service point person actively greeting and assisting patrons, performing opening and closing procedures. Assist with room set ups and take downs.
- Complete regular building walk-throughs throughout the day- for patron interaction, venue conditions, identifying facility issues, and staff support. Performs area inspections, inventories and submits work request.
- Monitors building conditions and event spaces working closely with Housekeeping facilitate the maintenance and cleanliness of the complex. Report needed repairs and housekeeping issues.
- Work with the University of Pennsylvania Police Department and Penn Security Services to ensure the safety and security of the complex.
- Monitor the cleanliness and service of dining, catering, and retail operations. Report on-going problems.
- Prepare reports/proposals and perform special projects as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
A high school diploma or equivalent combined with 1 years to 3 years of experience in campus/student center, conference center, hotel, other venue management or similar hospitality/event operations required. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills required. The ability to be self directed, work with minimal supervision, and with a diverse student and administrative population is essential. Some physical activity in all weather conditions is traveling from building to building is required. Ability to interact positively and proactively and be adaptable to changing event circumstances required. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays in addition to traditional business hours is essential.
A bachelors degree plus two to three years experience is preferred. Knowledge of facility and event equipment and logistics, as well as audio visual equipment is preferred.
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.