The Director will be responsible for:
- Design and implement comprehensive campus-wide trainings for students, staff and faculty on sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic/relationship violence, and stalking.
- Develop creative and effective anti-violence educational materials across multi-media platforms.
- Chair University-Wide Violence Prevention Committee thus strengthening the University’s efforts to combat sexual and relationship violence by sustaining collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders and keeping colleagues informed of legislative changes.
- Oversee the dissemination of information about Federal and state laws pertaining to sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic/ relationship violence, relationship violence, stalking, and sexual violence policies to the Penn student body.
- Work collaboratively with the Office of the AVP for Equity and Title IX Officer and other resource offices to understand and effectively respond to the needs of our student.
- Provide one-on-one crisis counseling and referrals for students and continued support for student cases related to sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking.
- Budget responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MA/MS required, preferably in education, counseling, social work, gender studies, public health, or other related fields. Five to seven years of experience preferred in violence prevention and education and response or related field, preferably in a campus setting.
Demonstrated understanding of the complex issues surrounding sexual violence education and engagement, support, and response for college-age populations. Demonstrated experience in working effectively with a diverse population. Ability to handle confidential information sensitively and to use sound judgment in responding to crisis situations. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with student, faculty, and administrative partners. Strong oral, written and technological skills.
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.