Under the leadership of the Assistant Vice Provost for Strategic Planning & Operations, the University Life Strategic Planning & Operations team is responsible for University Life’s strategic planning, operations, and communication. As a part of the team, the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Projects is responsible for communicating University Life’s mission and values to the Penn community and external constituents such as alumni, Trustees, and parents; and serves as the liaison to the University’s Development and Alumni Relations office.
The Director will also serve as project manager for strategic initiatives related to University Life’s priorities. This includes coordinating project teams and focus groups; and drafting reports, briefings, and other strategic communications to support the work of the division. The director participates in staff on-boarding including planning staff development and engagement activities. This role reports to the Executive Director for Strategic Initiatives and has a dotted reporting line to the Assistant Vice Provost of Strategic Planning & Operations.
- Communicate divisional priorities to internal and external constituents in order to develop new and sustain existing partnerships. Identify opportunities for collaboration and relationship building through shared projects and events.
- Serve as the University Life liaison with the central division of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR). Promote divisional and departmental priorities. Initiate, write, and edit high-level communications assignments including but not limited to: case statements, gift opportunities, stewardship letters, Trustee materials, departmental and other divisional documents including annual University Life Report and other fundraising summaries.
- Manage or support complex projects and strategic initiatives as assigned by the Assistant Vice Provost for Strategic Planning & Operations. Convenes, supports and facilitates work groups, project teams, and focus groups preparing materials, managing logistics, and documenting recommendations. Staffs and supports divisional committees as assigned.
- Work with University Life staff, students, alumni, and to ensure compliance with alumni outreach and fundraising policies. Provide guidance to division staff and student groups in establishing priorities and articulating needs. Establish and maintain protocol to track, document, and acknowledge all gifts to University Life.
- Create, edit, and proof-read communications documents (i.e., reports, briefings, digital media). Document action plans, timelines, resource requirements, necessary to complete projects. Communicates with stakeholders to define and document objectives and assist with divisional assessment.
- Support on-boarding of new staff and staff engagement and development activities.