Reporting to the Associate Director for Administration and Finance, this position provides administrative support to the Director of University Life Space and Events. Supports in the operation of University Life Space and Events and Penn Student Agencies.
Under limited supervision, this position provides front office, administrative and other support to managers, employees, students, and office visitors by handling a variety of administrative and clerical tasks to ensure that all interactions between the department and others are positive and productive. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. Must be able to work autonomously in a team-based environment to provide effective support in projects and programs with multiple priorities.
- Provides administrative support to the Director of University Life Space and Events Management. Serves as primary liaison for Director with external office contacts including meeting and calendar coordination.
- Performs general office management duties for the University Life Space and Events team – serving as receptionist, maintaining calendars, monitoring/ ordering supplies, and answering phones.
- Supports all aspects of meetings including preparation/circulation of meeting agendas, collating/ posting/ delivering meeting materials in advance, acting as meeting timekeeper, taking minutes, circulating meeting minutes, serving as post-meeting point person and coordinate action items, when relevant.
- Supports the work of the administrative and finance team including serving as timekeeper in Workday. Monitors time entry processing and approves wage hours as back up to supervisors as needed. Prepares/approves expense reports and travel arrangements.
- Aids in the execution of changes on departmental websites; maintains, distributes, and analyzes the department’s customer service surveys; coordinates data collection for annual and ad hoc departmental reporting/storytelling; and assists with assessment and information gathering as needed.
- Collaborates with other University Life administrative support colleagues in division wide efforts; plan and execute departmental and assist with division-wide events including retreats, recognition events, employee appreciation, and other special events.